Assignment 1: Discussion—Transformational Leadership
Change is considered by many as the new normal. Effective change management must be part of an organization’s DNA. An emerging leadership style called the transformational style has been shown to be effective in this environment, especially in leading change. This form of leadership goes beyond traditional forms of leadership which relied mainly on centralized control. It emphasizes more open communication, collaboration, and participation by employees. Using the assigned readings, the Argosy University online library resources, and the Internet, research the transformational style of leadership. Then, respond to the following:
- What are the key attributes of the transformational style of leadership? Explain why you think these attributes are required of a transformational leader.
- From either personal experience, or through observation, provide examples of transformation leadership.
- Which of the other leaders who you have seen come close to being effective transformational leaders? How could they have changed to be transformational leaders? Justify your answer with appropriate examples.
By Saturday, June 20, 2015, post your response to the appropriate Discussion Area. Through Wednesday, June 24, 2015, review and comment on at least two peers’ responses. Write your initial response in 300–500 words. Your response should be thorough and address all components of the discussion question in detail, include citations of all sources, where needed, according to the APA Style, and demonstrate accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation Do the following when responding to your peers:
- Read your peers’ answers.
- Provide substantive comments by
- contributing new, relevant information from course readings, Web sites, or other sources;
- building on the remarks or questions of others; or
- sharing practical examples of key concepts from your professional or personal experiences
- Respond to feedback on your posting and provide feedback to other students on their ideas.
- Make sure your writing
- is clear, concise, and organized;
- demonstrates ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and
- displays accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
|Initial response was:
|Discussion Response and Participation: